Wrecks & relics
Douglas DC-3 HK-4045
Former Alcom HK- 4045 was built as a C-47B-1-DK and delivered to the RAF August 1944 as KJ869. She went to the Air Power Museum 1970 as N10004. Some time later to Air Siesta inc, Mc Allen aviation, West Indian Fruit Company, HP-1176CTH Panama Cargo three. She was stored at Opa-Locka in 1990. Finally she left Opa Locka for Colombia and became HK-4045x with LAMA at Medellin 1991. Alcom bought this Dak in 1997 for operations from Villvicencio. Presently she is already out of service for more than 17 years.
Evangel 4500 Bush-Twin HK-1366G
The Evangel 4500 was a 1960s American twin-engined light passenger/cargo monoplane built by the Evangel Aircraft Corporation.
The Evangel Aircraft Corporation was established to design and build a bush aircraft particularly for use by missionary groups. For work in South America it had to have STOL capability and be simple to operate and maintain. The aircraft that was designed was designated the Evangel 4500-300 and was a twin-engined monoplane with a tailwheel configuration retractable landing gear. The prototype first flew in June 1964 and the first production aircraft in January 1969. The aircraft needs a very short take-off run and can achieve a take-off to 50 ft (15m) within 375yds (343m).
The sole prototype, with a high strut braced wing and tricycle undercarriage.
Used to identify aircraft fitted with turbochargers.
This Evangel has constructionnumber 5.
She once wore registration N5505L.
In 1973 she was exported to Colombia to 'spread Gods Word'.
The Evangel 4500-300 was built by the Evangel Aircraft Corporation of Orange City, Iowa from the late 60's through the early 70's. With a planned first production run of 12, only a total of 8 were built (a 9th was never completed). This site is dedicated to the designer, builders, those who flew and maintained them and those who supported all
Consolidated PBY-6A HK-2115P
The Consolidated PBY Catalina, (PB Standing for Patrol Bomber and Y the code assigned to Consolidated Aircraft ) also known as the Canso, was an American flying boat, and later an amphibious aircraft of the 1930s and 1940s produced by Consolidated Aircraft.
Catalinas served with every branch of the United States Armed Forces and in the air forces and navies of many other nations.
During World War II, PBYs were used in anti-submarine warfare, patrol bombing, convoy escorts, search and rescue missions (especially air-sea rescue), and cargo transport.
The designation "PBY" was determined in accordance with the U.S. Navy aircraft designation system of 1922; PB representing "Patrol Bomber" and Y being the code assigned to Consolidated Aircraft as its manufacturer.
In accordance with contemporary British naming practice of naming seaplanes after coastal port towns, Royal Canadian Air Force examples were named Canso, for the town of that name in Nova Scotia.
The Royal Air Force used the name Catalina and the US Navy adopted this name in 1942.
HK-2115P is an ex Fuerza Aerea de Colombia Catalina and wore serial FAC-612. This ship was withdrawn from use in 1974 and sold to Mr. Giovanni Bordet who her for his operations in the Colombian jungle. The 'Cat' was stored at Villavicencio in 2003.
Antonov An-12BK HK-4308X
The Antonov An-12 is a four-engined turboprop transport aircraft designed in the Soviet Union. It is the military version of the Antonov An-10 and was made in many variants.
The first prototype flew in December 1957. Over 900 had been built, in both military and civilian versions, before production finally ended in 1973. The An-12 entered Soviet military service in 1959. In terms of configuration, size and capability, the aircraft is similar to the United States-built Lockheed C-130 Hercules. Military Soviet and former-Soviet examples have a defensive tail gun turret.
HK-4308X is a An-12BK. The BK (Kompleks – avionics) version is an increased 30-tonne payload, improved avionics suite, TG-16M APU and the widened cargo door of the An-12BP characterized the An-12BK, which was built exclusively for the military.
HK-4308X is registrated by Orion Air Cargo since 2003. This ship was ex Min. Civil Av. USSR and transferred to Tyumen Airlines in 1994. As such she was spotted at Manston, UK.
In 1997 she arrived in Colombia for service with Sadelca but she has not flown ever since.
Antonov An-2 HK-4632X
This An-2 has been at Villavicencio since 2009. Her condition is rapidly detoriating. Her latest owner was Onix Linea Aerea Ltda.
In 2008 this Antonov did operated in Venezuela as YV-1669.
Antonov An-2 engine
The Shvetsov ASh-62 is a nine-cylinder, air-cooled, radial aircraft engine produced in the Soviet Union. The ASh-62 was a development of the Wright R-1820 Cyclone that had been built in Russia under licence as the Shvetsov M-25, the main improvements including a two-speed supercharger and a more efficient induction system. Power was increased from the Cyclone's 775 hp to 1,000 hp. First run in 1937, licensed versions are still in production by WSK "PZL-Kalisz" in Poland as the ASz-62 (as of 2007). It is estimated that 40,361 were produced in the USSR.
On May 25, 2007, this DC-3 crash landed on the runway at Acaricuara. The runways was wet from light rain showers earlier that morning. During the landing the pilot of the DC-3 reported that the left main wheel went off the runway resulting in the airplane becoming uncontrollable. The airplane sustained damage to both of the engines, propellers and both main landing gear before the airplane came to a stop, adjacent to and past the end of the runway 02
Britain Norman Trislanders BN-2A-III HK-2482 and HK-2483
These Trislanders were bought by an outfit called Cariben in the mid-80’s but they were not taken up and remained abandoned at Villavicencio ever since. By now these Trislanders are in very derelict condition as the jungle and weather work on them for many years.